[steering-discuss] Minutes of SC call 2011-01-13 for review

Dear SC members,

please read, review and correct the minutes at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-01-13

regards,

André

Done, fixed typos and one specific phrasing.

Hi André,

Dear SC members,

please read, review and correct the minutes at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-01-13

regards,

André

Done, fixed typos and one specific phrasing.

Fixed typos. Thanks André for the minutes.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi SC,

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-01-13

<quote>

# decision: SC appoints a team of 4 people that will be responsible
for managing the website for a trial period of two months
this team consists of:

    * David Nelson (for textual content)
    * Christoph Noack (for user experience)
    * Ivan Miskovic (for design)
    * Christian Lohmaier (for infrastructure)

</qoute>

Is this for the international ("main") site only? Are we still
allowed to use our roles as authors and publishers in Silverstripe,
as we have done the past weeks?

Stefan

Hi Sophie, hi André, ...

Hi André,

>> Dear SC members,
>>
>> please read, review and correct the minutes at
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-01-13

Thanks for the minutes! As far as I remember, my proposal to draft a
wiki page for the website team had been discussed as well. I hope this
is correct (and helps to understand the SC decision), otherwise please
remove the statement I've added recently ...

        "During the trail period, the team is asked to draft a (e.g.)
        wiki page how the community can contribute."

Cheers,
Christoph

Hi Stefan, :slight_smile:

# decision: SC appoints a team of 4 people that will be responsible
for managing the website for a trial period of two months
this team consists of:

Is this for the international ("main") site only? Are we still
allowed to use our roles as authors and publishers in Silverstripe,
as we have done the past weeks?

My interpretation is that the decision concerns the English main site
(it does not cover the NL sites).

During this trial period, you should not use your SilverStripe
author/publisher permissions to do any stuff on the English main site
without the prior agreement of the person in charge of content (me).

But people can do what they like on the NL sites - it's not our/my business.

However, the SC specifically asked me to seek to build a contributor
team, as regards content, and I will be doing that (started already -
see [1]). So if you're interested in working on the English NL site,
there will definitely be the opportunity (although I will be
preferring English NL contributors for drafting content).

However, you do need to get a remit from me first. No just jumping in. :wink:

And, of course, we will be paying attention to feedback from the community.

SC, is the above a reasonable interpretation of your intentions?

[1] http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Call-for-volunteers-to-work-on-the-libreoffice-org-website-content-tp2258026p2258026.html

David Nelson

Brilliant :))

A good answer to cover all the concerns raised. A small team with input from
different mailing-list groups. General discussion about that website and all
the 'local' ones can be kept to the website mailing-list with any luck.

Perhaps an occasional report to SC would be "the icing on the cake" but given
that 'some' steering group members are on the website list and some website team
are on the SC i think this would be best done informally.

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan, Tom, David!

Thanks for raising this question ... since David already answered, I'd
like to comment some parts as well.

Personally, I think the current decision doesn't convey the "very
positive mood" of the discussion within the SC. Once the recording is
online, I suggest to listen to some of the statements ... I found it
very encouraging.

Hi SC,

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Minutes_2011-01-13

<quote>

# decision: SC appoints a team of 4 people that will be responsible
for managing the website for a trial period of two months
this team consists of:

    * David Nelson (for textual content)
    * Christoph Noack (for user experience)
    * Ivan Miskovic (for design)
    * Christian Lohmaier (for infrastructure)

</qoute>

Is this for the international ("main") site only? Are we still
allowed to use our roles as authors and publishers in Silverstripe,
as we have done the past weeks?

As far as I understand - no changes with regard to the local teams.

I think the SC tried to achieve, that we do have a coordinated effort
for the international site - and all the local teams can benefit. For
example, I currently aim to raise some issues at the website mailing
list, since I hope that some local teams will listen there as well - in
the end, the English site addresses only a part of the whole community.

Next, I consider myself to be someone who may provide help and
support ... e.g. to help to evaluate proposals that are made with regard
to UX. Our aim should be to actively invite people to provide feedback
and shape content. But to implement this consistently, the team has been
set up.

I hope very much that the website team grows, so that we can share the
responsibility with many more people :slight_smile: Historically, the local teams
have much more experience providing dedicated sites ...

Stefan, does this help?

Cheers,
Christoph

Hallo Christoph,

Is this for the international ("main") site only? Are we still
allowed to use our roles as authors and publishers in Silverstripe,
as we have done the past weeks?

As far as I understand - no changes with regard to the local teams.

From Davids answer I read, that local teams should not edit in the
main site any more, but this is necessary for creating translations.
So, there won´t be translated pages any more. But I think, that´s
not a problem, since this feature of the CMS won´t be used any more
for other reasons anyway.

[other explanations]

Stefan, does this help?

Yes. Thank you. :slight_smile: