Am 14.01.2011 09:11, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
However, as we had lots of irritating issues with @openoffice.org e-mail addresses, I would like to avoid these mistakes.

Well, the real problem at OOo with such adresses was, that anybody could register at the website and then could use an @ooo mail address.
So *anybody* could claim to have some connection to OOo.

It's evident that @documentfoundation.org accounts are only for those who work for/with TDF and are eligible to represent them in certain aspects, like the SC or administrators.

For LibreOffice, I'm a bit hesitant to hand out @libreoffice.org, as this may seem like people are acting on behalf of TDF, causing liability issues. Maybe I'm too touchy, so I'm happy for comments, which is why I am writing this mail. :-)

I don't see, that we will run into the same troubles as OOo. We have a defined membership process, people can only become members, if they did some work to further our projects and will continue to do so. So becoming a TDF member is a privilege, that needs to be earned. Why should we not show, that we welcome our members by giving a libreoffice.org mail address? Besides the already mentioned fact, that longer domain names are ugly, I'd like to keep it stupid simple: - TDF representatives (SC, ESC, BoD, MC ...) get documentfoundation.org mail aliasses
- approved members get libreoffice.org mail aliasses

regards,

André