Hi Florian, all

Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello,

as discussed yesterday in the confcall, we're planning to give out
official LibreOffice e-mail accounts to people who are community members
per the membership committee's decision. [...]

My plan is to hand out only e-mail forwarders, not real mailboxes with
POP and IMAP, as the latter one requires lots of maintenance.

+1

[...]

For LibreOffice, I'm a bit hesitant to hand out @libreoffice.org, as
this may seem like people are acting on behalf of TDF, causing liability
issues. Maybe I'm too touchy, so I'm happy for comments, which is why I
am writing this mail. :-)

As membership has to be requested and approved in a formal way, I could
imagine to include a passus in the formalism where community members
declare not to act as representatives or spokespeople for the LibreOffice
community or TDF unless they have been approved to do so.

Perhaps a mandatory signature like the following would be sufficient:

(First Name) Name
- LibreOffice community member -

In this case a mail address like nickname@libreoffice.org might be sufficient
IMHO.

And in case of possible abuse (or deliberate misinterpretation) the community
membership can be revoked...

If usage of the @libreoffice.org mail address still looks too risky, I'd vote for

My plan is actually to have something like

       volunteer.nickname@libreofficecommunity.org

nickname@libreofficecommunity.org
(or nickname@libreoffice-community.org)

Best regards