OTOH if people use the email address "person@openoffice.org" then it gets the
name "OpenOffice" out there and being seen by a lot of people.  Free
advertising!

Yes, i think the problems that can be caused by people mis-representing the
organisation can be costly but then a lot of people have "person@gmail" or
"person@yahoo.co.uk" or similar and no-one assumes they represent those
organisations!

Regards from