Le Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:33:26 +0100,
Volker Merschmann <merschmann@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi,

2011/1/14 Stefan Weigel <stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org>:
Hi,

Am 14.01.2011 17:34, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:

       volunteer.nickname@libreofficecommunity.org

       volunteer.nickname@libreofficemail.org

       volunteer.nickname@libreofficevolunteers.org

-1 (I just prefer the "community" one - with volunteer there is a
(slight) distinction  between community members that are paid by
someone, and those who "only" spend their spare time - at lest in
my brain :-)))

But anyway, there will be the word "volunteer." at the beginning of
the mail-address in any case. Wouldn´t that disturb your brain as
well? ;-)

Are you kidding? I didn't understand that you will have
volunteer.swubuntu@libreofficevolunteers.org .

I don't understand it like that. I think it means something like
john.doe@libreofficevolunteers.org

For the rest: I do not like any of the offered domain names, they all
are too long. I would like to see nickname@libreoffice.org for the
members.

@Florian: What "irritating issues" do you mean?

I think he means that anyone logging on to OpenOffice.org automatically
had a default @openoffice.org and that some people started to use that
alias while they were neither speaking on behalf of the project nor
even regular contributors. And since there was no real membership
management you could spend years away from the project and still
using @openoffice.org And I think that the marketing project of OOo had
quite a lot of work to "discipline" people, yet there was no effective
control because addresses were essentially given to anyone.

So that's what we would want to avoid, but there's a fine line between
avoiding this and rebuking actual contributors.

Best,
Charles.

Bye

Volker