Michael Meeks wrote on 2011-01-14 09.50:
        In general, IMHO etc. I believe a forwarding setup, as well as being
easier fits into most people's existing mail flows rather better. Also
using a proprietary software hosted service for our project would not be
an ideal choice IMHO;-)

I agree. :-) IMHO, Google Apps also doesn't allow easy creation via API/scripts/command line, which is what we need. I envision an interface where all eligible people can maintain their forwarding themselves, and Alex already agreed to hack something in Python for that. I even have a spare server that could take of the forwarding.