Hello David,

Le Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:27:54 +0800,
David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> a écrit :

But the SC has legitimacy until September - I didn't hear any
possible sponsor asking for a shorter period of time.

Please can someone explain, with no bullshit, why we have to wait 9
more months? ;-)

We don't have to. The letter of mission of the present SC lasts until
next September but it can disband itself much earlier provided we have
incorporated.  Right now we are working towards incorporating as a
Foundation in Germany. We're looking for the seed capital and then I
understand it will take about 4 months or a bit more to fully get
established. See the archives of this very list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg00246.html

Bernhard, thanks for your responses. What I wrote above should be
understood to have been said in the friendliest of terms. ;-)

Frankly, I tend to lose track of long mailing list discussions - my
attention span for them is very short. I will look forward to talking
about this during an SC confcall, and i will happily read anyone who
posts back here in the meantime.

I do support TDF. I thoroughly support the values and principles
Charles wrote so admirably into the Community Bylaws. And I am very
keen to see a true and proper community life and governance started as
soon as possible. ;-)

David I must admit I am surprised by your reaction, because the reason
our bylaws are not officially implemented at this stage was explained
during one confcall (early September if I recall) and on this mailing
list too. Read this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg00229.html

Last but not least, your perception of our health as a community is
somewhat pessimistic and does not seem to rest on any clear metrics;
but perhaps you're just expressing your opinion. I don't share it
though. However, it is true that since nobody's perfect, the SC and its
members did some mistakes and the ones I can point out were that we
haven't been directing the website works enough. I think that we're
entering a stage where the SC and are project is going to rationalize
its own activities as purpose and specific goals will be set and
discussed and teams will be formed. These things usually go with some
straightening-up around the corners. But to claim that there are dual
and perhaps triple standards depending on the people is perfectly
wrong. While for specific things we do integrate members of the OOo
community faster than others the door is always open and everyone has
to contribute: there are reserved seats as long as the people sitting
on them fulfill their roles. If they don't, the seat goes to someone
else.

So to come back on the bylaws: we can start to implement them little by
little but they will only be fully enforced and implemented once we
have a legal entity. Before we can only lay the pillars and set up
whatever can be set up without interfering with the legal entity in
formation.

best,
Charles.

David Nelson