Hi David

I went thru several opinions in this list on your proposal and I feel myself not confortable with it. Much have been said, which I agree, and your proposal has its value and merit, but it bears a risk and a way to work with communitites that does not comply with our experiences.

The main risk IMO is to open a precedent (= if you do once, you do for ever and ever). We will have to rule that your case is a special case and even it we all swear not to repeat in the future, we will be confronted to recall the "2011 TDF Website Vs Steering Committee" case.

Also, and I am talking as manager to a peer manager, such decision does not comply on the way we run communities, and an empowererd individual is always a risk to be mitigated and managed. I have a couple of experiences on empowered community people that went out of control and I am not willing to repeat.

I believe there is a huge opportunity for everyone of us to prove excellency in all activities of TDF and yours is second to nobody.

Kind regards

Olivier