Hi David,

        Mangling two mails together:

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 01:25 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
a clear decision about the management of the libreoffice.org
website. It's an important tool for marketing. I have plenty of ideas
about how to market with it

        Here is my clear idea: since you are doing the work - you get to own
it, lead it, and those that don't like what you do get to gripe at you,
and everyone else gets to back you up :-) [ if only to keep you
motivated, happy and productive ;-].

and I would like to get a clear remit to work on that with you. Please
can you read my post [1] on the SC list and contribute your thoughts on it?

        I read it - it had about five new formal roles in it - so I didn't like
it. I'd much prefer that you were the leader by dint of actually doing
all the hard work (like you are now) :-)

        Oh - and the only real comment I had was: IMHO developers should have
access to quickly change / maintain their page as the code evolves; and
(personally) I am not a big believer in lots of formal access control -
but in social pressure and consensus building: you created some nice
content - how can we help you stop other people mangling it ?

If you allow the site to be run in a chaotic, uncontrolled manner,
I think you'll lose a lot of the benefit it could otherwise bring
the foundation.

        True, so I wonder how we can help coax people into producing and
editing in a tasteful and restrained way ? how can we build good taste,
and/or asking-when-they-don't-know-the-answer into the community of
editors ?

        Does that help ? :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.