Hi Florian, Christian, Charles, Christoph, :-)

I'm writing to you, in particular, as the 4 guys who *seem* to be the
primary decision-takers as regards the English main site at
libreoffice.org.

By the end of the day on January 10, my remit to work on the site will
be over. I'll be putting in a lot of time over the next days to spend
more time on the content, and to make sure that the new theme is
finished, too.

IMHO, it was quite damaging to LibO that it has taken so long to put a
site at libreoffice.org. I hope that the site will be well-managed in
the future, with some proper strategic thinking about the content.

I'd like to suggest that there should be an editing team officially appointed:

- one *English NL* executive editor (with publishing/admin powers),
who vets and edits content to be published, who follows the guidelines
of Charles, Florian and Italo, and who liaises with and heads-up a
contributors team from the marketing/website teams. I'd like to
volunteer for that. But maybe there are also other better-qualified
candidates?

- Charles Schulz, Florian Effenberger and Italo Vignoli as managing
editors (with publishing/admin powers).

- one person from Design, Christoph Noack, with author powers, to
consult with about buttons and images. I don't otherwise see the
Design team playing much of a role in the running of the website,
beyond ensuring compliance with the graphic charter (which is
principally imposed by the theme).

- one or two technical administrators: Christian Lohmaier and Erich
Christian (with admin powers). My suggestion would be that they do
limit themselves to *technical* administration alone, without any
interest in the content side (this is what they currently do with the
other NL sites).

- one contributors team, principally of English NL speakers (each
member with author powers).

IMHO, if you organize things like this, you will have a tool that is
efficiently run and that will provide TDF with the most-effective
marketing platform.

If you allow the site to be run in a chaotic, uncontrolled manner, I
think you'll lose a lot of the benefit it could otherwise bring the
foundation.

In any case, may I encourage you to take some clear decisions about
this over the next few days?

David Nelson