Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

Hi David, *;

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 12:25 PM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 18:33, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

It's a .png. I did all the other screenshots as high-quality .jpg
files because they are half to a third of the size, but the site's
lead admin prefers .png because of resizing considerations.

That was a misunderstanding then. I wrote for origininal size
screenshots, png is almost everytime superior to jpeg. But the more
you resize, the more "fuzz" is added to the image, jpeg then provides
better compression.
So to summarize:
* png for real-size screenshots, never jpeg (unless the screenshots
shows draw showing a photograph or similar)
* jpeg is OK for thumbnails, resized screenshots

Maybe you're right. We'll have a think about it over Christmas,
because it looks like the site won't roll out until January.

Ho ho ho :-) Santa has a present for you :-) - site is live - yay :-)

[...]

Merry Christmas to everyone :-)

ciao
Christian