[steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Idea about Ideas

Dear Pawel, all,

just giving you a short, personal reply, as I am not a member of the document
foundation - not even deeply involved into the project yet.

You are addressing the strength and weakness of free software development at
the same time. Because free software belongs to all of us, we all are also
asked to participate. This is good, because we - the user - know what we want
(at least we know what we want to achieve - and we know if we like solutions
for that or not - but I am rather unsure if we know how to best brige that
gap). Anyhow, this defintely is a good base for creating a great product.

On the other hand, if we (the users) ALL DO participate, we end up with some
increadible noise. Neither the developers nor the user will understand each
other - only the loudest and not the wisest will be heard.

I want to get involved into LibreOffoce, because - just like you - I think we
need to bring in the user's voice into the development. And we still have to
discover the best ways to do so.

So, thank you very much for your great ideas about how this goal could be
achieved. If you like to join us in our effort in building up the
infrastructure and methodology needed, I think it would be best if you joined
the mailiing-list design@libreoffice.org - this is where the usability efforts
are hosted (hope I am right there). On there we can start the needed
discussions...

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Björn