Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

Hi :)

I think it is more important to tantalise our target market, to get them keen to
try it.  Satisfying people is unhelpful as we need people motivated rather than
complacent.

Curiosity enticed me into trying Linux and then outrage at the realisation of
the amount of time wasted for me by MicroSquish systems (that are designed to be
vulnerable and difficult to fix) encouraged me to stay.  The question is how can
we encourage others to try OpenSource?  Perhaps a similar route to mine or a
different one per person.  How do other products market themselves?  Our/your
product is better but how do we get people to want to try it?

Regards from
Tom :)