Re: [steering-discuss] Add LGPL as license for wiki uploads?

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
Hi,

Michael Meeks wrote on 2010-12-16 16.16:

CC-by-sa-LGPL-MPL = Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
Unported, or Lesser GNU General Public License 3.0 or later version, or
Mozilla Public License 1.1

I don't know if it should read "and" instead of "or":

The selection is presented to the author of the upload, so she has to license her work under all the three of them, if she choose this option.

"Or" is for the people using the uploaded content, as they can choose between the licenses.

thanks ;)

Have edited http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MediaWiki:Licenses
accordingly.

Thanks, but...

1) the text is too long for the selection list
Perhaps you could write:
"CC Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 / LGPL 3+ / MPL 1.1"

and move the long version to the template?

2) the template showing the license texts (or linking to them) hasn't been created by now.

I will not have access to the wiki until Sunday, so I can't help here - anybody else?

Best regards

Bernhard