Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hi Thorsten, :-)

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 03:07, Thorsten Behrens
<thb@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi David, all,

there's a fine line here, and somewhat of a difference e.g. between
US- and european countries, when it comes to the aforementioned
points.  We've made it a rule in TDF, to not prematurely
over-regulate - so I'd generally be in favour of using common sense,
instead of blacklisting topics (which is not gonna cover all future
cases anyway). On that grounds, what about staying with the sentence
before (which is a whitelist, and thus inherently much more positive
in tone):

"Every Member is expected to deal with other Community Members and
 with our end users with courtesy, forbearance, objectivity,
 open-mindedness, friendliness, understanding, patience and
 goodwill."

and striking the contentious sentence for the while? Do you see any
of the blacklisted topics not covered by the positive statement?

Cheers,

Charles has stated that the community bylaws are to be considered to
be in force now, and that any further changes must be made by the
BoD... I no longer have a green light to edit them... Sorry about
this...

David Nelson