Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2010-12-05 18.20:
I would like -if David is done with the additions- to call for a last
review of the text. Tomorrow morning, we will declare the bylaws
adopted if nothing major is objected.

one last thought from my side. :-) I think it will be hard to do, but wanted to throw in the idea anyways:

The goal for the Foundation is to become independent from one single corporate sponsor. Independence is the key. By the current bylaws, in the worst case, two or three corporate sponsors could "take over" the BoD, dismiss officers, CEO and ED, and we've once again lost the independence we always wanted.

Yes, I know this is a bit of weird paranoia, and I don't think it will ever happen. :-) However, might it make sense to add one more rule that at least one or two seats of the BoD have to be staffed by paid or independent TDF members, by people not belonging to corporate sponsors (even if that is hard to verify)?

It's early in the morning, so if the thought is weird, just ignore it. :-)