Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hola,

        I added my comments in [MMEEKS: foo !] type brackets as David has done
himself; directly into the wiki; there were a few things that didn't
belong in there though:

        Firstly - I'm really hopeful reading this; it seems we're getting
somewhere rather good with these bylaws, and I'm nearly happy :-)

        I silently replaced the 'bye-laws' with 'bylaws' incidentally, and
expanded on what 'STV' means (many don't know).

        I also really liked the Membership section preamble, most helpful; I
guess we also need some spiel about the relative dislike of formal
'Roles' in the project in the Member's Roles.

        I do not believe we should specify exactly four paid employees - I
suggest we specify the two [ though even those I think are
implementation details ], and do not mandate that they -must- be paid.

        With regard to Sponors - GNOME had the practise of allowing like minded
non-profits (such as Debian / SPI, the FSF etc.) to join the advisory
board without paying fees - and they have had a very positive effect
over the lifetime of that project. I suggest we add a similar section.

        Then of course there is the voting, which is still rather complex: