Re: [steering-discuss] Updated draft of the Community Bylaws

Hi Olivier,

Olivier Hallot wrote on 2010-12-01 11.17:

2) I really appreciate *oxygenation*. Letting a chairman "ad aeternam"
in place is a source of trouble and will let him build strong and
unbreakable ties with the BoD, the employees and selected sectarian
members of the Foundation (the "goodfellas"), aiming to preserve his
status and position and offering whatever is needed to keep support on him.

A one or two year term with one further nominaton will ensure fresh air
(sort of) to the TDF Chairmanship. The leaving chairman can be
reconducted later, but only after another one took his place for at
least xxx month.

Oxygenation also improves governance and transparency.

I see the issues, and what I've said for the BoD goes for the Chairman
as well: We don't want anyone sitting on their chair just because of
tradition, but without doing anything (positive). However, on the other
hand, if someone does a real good job, we shouldn't force him or her to
leave just because of the rules.

I propose that we do also annually or bi-annually voting of the
Chairman, so fresh air can come in, but doesn't need to, if we all
breathe like we want. :-)

Are we going to allow memebers of the BoD, AB, and the Chariman to be in
the MC?

It doesn't make sense if people combine too many "powers", but in
general, there should be no rule against being part of those two.