Re: [steering-discuss] Machine details for our nightly builds

Hi *,

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Sophie Gautier
<gautier.sophie@gmail.com> wrote:

As you may know, @Quinetic, which is an opensource cluster, would like to
support us with some machines dedicated to our nightly builds.

Some machines? Wow :-)

But they need to know how many machines we do need to cover our first needs?

For the linux builds at least, one Machine is enough - as you can
build it in a VM with no problems and good performance.

The two Mandriva buildbots both run on the same host - both have 2
virtual CPUs assigned, the x86 one has 256 RAM, the x86_64 one 512MB
RAM assigned.

They do a full build of OOo (en-US only) in less than one hour. (with
ccache) (the host is a dual quad-core i7 (@2,66Ghz)

If you can give me some technical details on this, I should be able to go
further quite soon with them.

HTH,
ciao
Christian