[steering-discuss] Machine details for our nightly builds

Hi all,

As you may know, @Quinetic, which is an opensource cluster, would like to support us with some machines dedicated to our nightly builds.
But they need to know how many machines we do need to cover our first needs?
If you can give me some technical details on this, I should be able to go further quite soon with them.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Sophie

Hi *,

As you may know, @Quinetic, which is an opensource cluster, would like to
support us with some machines dedicated to our nightly builds.

Some machines? Wow :slight_smile:

But they need to know how many machines we do need to cover our first needs?

For the linux builds at least, one Machine is enough - as you can
build it in a VM with no problems and good performance.

The two Mandriva buildbots both run on the same host - both have 2
virtual CPUs assigned, the x86 one has 256 RAM, the x86_64 one 512MB
RAM assigned.

They do a full build of OOo (en-US only) in less than one hour. (with
ccache) (the host is a dual quad-core i7 (@2,66Ghz)

If you can give me some technical details on this, I should be able to go
further quite soon with them.

HTH,
ciao
Christian