Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hi, :-)

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 00:52, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
yup. But after Michael's points, I also think we might clarify and
simplify all this a great deal. In a nutshell

1) the ESC does not get to vote, it's not elected, and it's a technical
body. The AB can propose candidate(s), but cannot vote.
2) BoD appoints the CH, by vote or by consensus. People can nominate
themselves and send their nomination to the BoD no later  than 2 months
before the election date. The AB can also nominate one or several
candidates and sends the name(s) to the BoD no later than 2 months
before the election.

That way, it's easier and faster. Any thoughts?

Best,
Charles.

Yes, I get the idea. If it's alright with you guys, I'll figure out
how to draft that in, and will give a heads-up when I've done so (over
the next 24 hours, because I'm slave to a client for the coming
hours). Is that OK?

Also, I have an idea about a couple of legal experts I could contact
and, if they're willing, invite them to jump in on this thread and
maybe help arrive at some really bullet-proof bye-laws... should I do
that?

David Nelson