Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

Hi there,

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:03 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
It seems that there are still some big ambiguities that would need to
be resolved:

        Well detected :-)

"The Chairperson is elected by a special electoral college comprised
of the BoD, the AB and and the ESC (however, ESC members who are also
members of the BoD can only cast one single vote in this election,

        Oh - wow, what is the ESC doing in that mix. I would prefer that the
board simply elect the chairman, who is just a member of the board that
has some special meeting management role :-)

        Hopefully that de-complicates the whole process; then again I havn't
read the proposal in full recently.

        I believe there is a -huge- danger of over-engineering any constitution
- particularly when you get engineers near it :-) and ending up with
some huge joke like the OO.o governance - where obscure rules seemed to
breed in dark corners :-)

        HTH,

                Michael.