Re: [steering-discuss] By-Laws / BOD elections

Hello all,

Please do take a look -again- at the bylaws that I just updated:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws

My modifications do not alter the text in any substantial way, however
they add four points:
- the ESC rules get clarified esp. regarding the election of the
  Chairman, and the ESC can now be "put under administration" by the
  BoD if it deems it necessary. However, neither the number of its
  members, nor its status of a non-elected body are changed.
- election of the chairman is now done by the same three (BoD, AB, ESC)
  but through the vote of the three assemblies, not by the vote of each
  of its individual members.
- BoD now gets its team renewed by half each year.
- Specific provisions concerning potential conflicts of interest at the
  BoD and the ESC have been added (see the Transparency section). So
  it's time to call Pavel again (just kidding).

As usual, let me know what you think.

best,
Charles.

Le Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:04:05 +0000,