Re: [steering-discuss] Community bylaws

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 16:07 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 07:56 -0500, drew wrote:

The ESC, do you see this as a very active group, for instance working as
the release team, meeting often and looking at individual issues?

      Wrt. looking at individual issues, probably not - unless they have wide
reaching consequences; but to better co-ordinate on the burning issues
of the day, and have a final say on things like:

      "Do we port entirely to Java" (I think 'no' but ... ;-)

      And to be a responsible backstop for technical issues - which often
simply require a decision - any decision being far better than none.

Right - thanks. Your description is what I understood as their function,
the 'release team' reference simply caused be to say 'Huh?'.

Ciao,

Drew