Re: [steering-discuss] Fwd: Re: LibO Drupal site

Hi Flo, *,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Forwarding in agreement with James to this public list
What are your thoughts on this?

Well - nothing against giving appropriate credit - but the question is
what does he think is appropriate?

The problem I personally have with this is that the result then is not
community knowledge, think in therms of bus-factor and the like.
They might provide a nice looking site and whatnot, but I don't know
whether it fits with requirements that change along the way, thinks
that you just cannot plan ahead completely.

Who will then maintain the site, etc.

My honest opinion is that the targeted timeframe of April for the
drupal-review should be enough to get a site going by the community
alone. If 4/5 month are not enough to get it setup by the community,
then I don't see the point in having someone else setup an initial
site and then we sit in front of a non-maintainable site....

Also the visual part is important factor in forming the community
IMHO. Shaping the looks, hearing peoples opinions, work together on
the branding. If someone else presents a nice theme, we're back at
"friƟ oder stirb".. While professional assistance surely could help,
I'm not 100% supportive of the idea.

ciao
Christian