[steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO

Hi,
Top posting from my phone...
This is not an easy answer to give. Both strategies have pros and cons. My
advice would be to start where we are but alter the numbering scheme wildly:
3.3, 3.5 and then 4.0 instead of 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 like OOo.

Charles.

Top posting from my phone...
This is not an easy answer to give. Both strategies have pros and cons. My
advice would be to start where we are but alter the numbering scheme wildly:
3.3, 3.5 and then 4.0 instead of 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 like OOo.

Ever considered a ubuntu-like numbering? (My personal favorite)

10.10 (October 2010)
11.04 (April 2011)

Stefan

Hi all,

Top posting from my phone...
This is not an easy answer to give. Both strategies have pros and cons. My
advice would be to start where we are but alter the numbering scheme wildly:
3.3, 3.5 and then 4.0 instead of 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 like OOo.

Ever considered a ubuntu-like numbering? (My personal favorite)

10.10 (October 2010)
11.04 (April 2011)

I also like the ubuntu-like numbering. What about a mix of both?

Using your examples:

3.3.10.10
3.5.11.04

Or maybe that is just too much for an average user? :slight_smile: