Re: [steering-discuss] Version numbering of LibO

Hi,

Von: Sophie Gautier <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>
An: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org

Sebastian Spaeth wrote on 2010-11-01 16.36:

Dear all, all discussions seem to hint at that the first stable release
of LibreOffice is going to be a 3.3.0 release. I would like to have you
consider a different version for the following reasons:

I put it to the agenda, so that we can have some kind of "official"
statement:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Agenda_2010-11-03

Agreed, I think we should revise the naming of our version and make
our own progression pattern (athouhg not àla Ubuntu please, I love to
learn a new English animal name every 6 month, most of the time nobody
is able to remember it ;-) and that is easy also to figure out which
version between the stable or the developer one.

I'd rather continue OOo version number schema for the moment.
My main reason is interoparability with extensions and third party
applications. At the moment at least extensions might check for
a minimum / maximum version number of the application. The application
brant itself is not taken into account. To pass such tests we need
(at least internally) to follow the OOo versions - and I'd not
suggest to separate internal / external version numbers.

We might work on this for future versions - and maybe we even must
work on this, in case LibreOffice and OOo diverge a lot.

regards,

André