Re: [steering-discuss] LibO registration page gone?

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 00:11 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
Personally, I don't like the "register" approach, but I do like good
ways of gathering helpful information that isn't available elsewhere. We
can be sure that the structure of people using OOo/LibO isn't identical
to those we get direct feedback from. So the question is (as you stated
it), if there is nothing in the product ... what would be our approach
to let our users help us to better shape LibO?

The idea "User Feedback" / "Improvement Program" / "Usage Tracking" that
is available in OOo is one puzzle piece.

All these are good things, but not provided by the infamous registration
dialogs IMO. If someone wants to stick a menu entry in to enable an
"improvement program" which tracks what menus, dialogs, buttons, etc.
are most used in order to get useful data as to what gets used most then
that's a cunning idea. I was greatly impressed by the frequency-use data
you were able to present for, say, the printer dialog work.

C.