[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] BoD Monthly Newsletter - September 2015
- Subject: [tdf-announce] BoD Monthly Newsletter - September 2015
- From: Italo Vignoli <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:40:38 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
September 2015 has been a busy month at The Document Foundation, for a
number of reasons.
We have celebrated our fourth LibreOffice Conference in Aarhus, Denmark,
at the brand new Dokk 1 (according to many, the most beautiful public
library in the western world).
During the conference, an audience of 150 volunteers from every
continent has gathered to discuss about development, quality assurance,
localization, migration, certification and marketing topics.
On Tuesday, September 22, during the Community Day, volunteers from many
native language projects have talked about localization and marketing
issues, and about growing LibreOffice awareness around the world.
It looks like there is a renewed ODF momentum, following the UK
government decision of adopting the Open Document Standard for the
exchange of documents within and with the public administration.
The Dutch government is investing on ODF, and the French government is
about to publish a reference document where Open Document Format is the
standard of reference for office files.
The same is happening in Taiwan and in India. LibreOffice volunteers
from the local native language projects will support the move, bringing
to their country the positive experience of European governments.
On Wednesday, September 23, the conference has opened with a number of
1. The opening of a LibreOffice Merchandising Shop at
https://shop.spreadshirt.de/documentfoundation, thanks to the work of
Florian Effenberger and Sophie Gautier;
2. The Russian company Rusbitech, the makers of the Astra Linux
distribution adopted by several public administrations in Russia,
joining TDF Advisory Board;
3. The Italian Defense migrating some 150,000 desktops from Microsoft
Office to LibreOffice over the next 18 months, thanks to the activity of
On Friday, September 25, the conference has closed with the announcement
of the city hosting the event in 2016 (from September 6 to September 9):
Brno in the Czech Republic.
Eventually, on September 28, the project has celebrated its fifth
anniversary with the publication of a PDF book based on the blog posts
of the most active community members.
TDF Accounting Ledgers have been updated until August 2015:
The newsletter is edited by Italo Vignoli at the end of each month.
Please send comments, ideas and news stories to firstname.lastname@example.org in
time for the next issue.
Italo Vignoli - email email@example.com
mobile +39.348.5653829 - jabber firstname.lastname@example.org
hangout email@example.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] First bug hunting session for LibreOffice 5.1
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 5.1 in final development stage
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] First bug hunting session for LibreOffice 5.1
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice 5.1 in final development stage