Berlin, March 25, 2015 - LibreOffice, the best free office suite ever,
is set to become the cornerstone of the world's first global personal
productivity solution - LibreOffice Online - following an announcement
by IceWarp and Collabora of a joint development effort. LibreOffice is
available as a native application for every desktop OS, and is currently
under development for Android. In addition, it is available on virtual
platforms for Chrome OS, Firefox OS and iOS.

"LibreOffice was born with the objective of leveraging the OpenOffice
historic heritage to build a solid ecosystem capable of attracting those
investments which are key for the further development of free software,"
says Eliane Domingos de Sousa, Director of The Document Foundation.
"Thanks to the increasing number of companies which are investing on the
development of LibreOffice, we are on track to make it available on
every platform, including the cloud. We are grateful to IceWarp for
providing the resources for a further development of LibreOffice Online."

Development of LibreOffice Online started back in 2011, with the
availability of a proof of concept of the client front end, based on
HTML5 technology. That proof of concept will be developed into a state
of the art cloud application, which will become the free alternative to
proprietary solutions such as Google Docs and Office 365, and the first
to natively support the Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

"It is wonderful to marry IceWarp's vision and investment with our
passion and skills for LibreOffice development. It is always satisfying
to work on something that, as a company, we have a need for ourselves,"
says Michael Meeks, Vice President of Collabora Productivity, who
developed the proof of concept back in 2011 and will oversee the
development of LibreOffice Online.

The availability of LibreOffice Online will be communicated at a later
stage.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795