[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 4.0.4
- Subject: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 4.0.4
- From: Italo Vignoli <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:56:36 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Berlin, June 19, 2013 - The Document Foundation (TDF) announces
LibreOffice 4.0.4, for Windows, OS X and Linux, the fourth minor release
of LibreOffice 4.0 family and the last before the announcement of
LibreOffice 4.1 in late July.
LibreOffice 4.0.4 features many improvements in the area of
interoperability with proprietary document formats. This ongoing
activity has been instrumental for the choice of LibreOffice by all
major migration projects to free software since early 2012, including
several central and local governments in Europe and South America.
LibreOffice 4.0.4 also solves a number of bugs and regressions over the
previous release, thanks to the work of QA volunteers. On June 20, the
team is launching a 15 day Bug Triage Contest to prepare for the release
of LibreOffice 4.1. Details here:
top 5 triagers - amongst the known ones - and the first 10 new
contributors will win a TDF/LibreOffice T-shirt.
LibreOffice 4.1 will introduce many new and exciting features, which are
listed here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.1
(including the long awaited font embedding in documents, which is
pushing forward the Open Document Format).
In addition, there is a massive amount of improvements less visible to
end users but equally important, as cumulatively they add up to a
code-base that is far easier to understand and contribute to:
LibreOffice 4.0.4 is available for immediate download from the following
link: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Change logs are available at
the following links:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.0.4/RC1 (fixed in
188.8.131.52) and https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.0.4/RC2
(fixed in 184.108.40.206).
Short link to The Document Foundation blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-pp.
Italo Vignoli - Director
mob +39.348.5653829 - sip email@example.com
The Document Foundation
Zimmerstraße 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal Details: www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation welcomes France's MIMO in the Advisory Board
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation welcomes a new member of the Advisory Board
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation welcomes France's MIMO in the Advisory Board
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation welcomes a new member of the Advisory Board