LibreOffice Conference, Berlin, October 17, 2012 - Florian Effenberger,
Chairman of the Board of The Document Foundation, has officially opened
the 2nd LibreOffice Conference (http://conference.libreoffice.org)
addressing the authorities and the community members gathered in the
capital city of Germany from the five continents.

"As of today, LibreOffice is being used by close to 60 million people.
It is the standard free office suite on all major platforms, available
in over 100 languages. Large cities and organizations are deploying it
very successfully, more and more schools and universities are rolling it
out, and there's not a single month where it is not covered by major
media around the globe – because we always have good news to share. The
Document Foundation has become a member of leading organizations for
free software and open standards, and at the very same time, is widely
seen as a the leader in its area, built on strong reputation and
credibility. Last but not least, the ecosystem is growing rapidly, as
more and more enterprises discover the business benefit of truly free
software."

"We are now a family of thousands of contributors around the globe. I
not only have colleagues all over the world, but more important, true
friends, and I am honoured to be part of a large family. Everyone with
their very own story, their very own background, and their very own
skills. Different ages, cultures and languages, all united by one goal:
providing the best free office suite ever, and giving power to those who
contribute by passion. By living our values day by day, we make possible
what we never dared to dream of two years ago."

LibreOffice Conference 2012 is hosted by the Federal Ministry of the
Interior (http://www.bmi.bund.de) and the Federal Ministry of Economics
and Technology (http://www.bmwi.de) he Federal Republic of Germany, and
Freies Office Deutschland e.V. The event is sponsored by Canonical
(http://www.canonical.com), Google (http://www.google.com), SerNet
(http://www.sernet.de), bitbone (http://www.bitbone.de), Lanedo
(http://www.lanedo.com), Red Hat (http://www.redhat.com) and Univention
(http://www.univention.de).

The main conference sessions will be broadcasted online, while all
sessions will be recorded and made available on the conference website.
To access both real time and recorded video, the infrastructure team has
created a single webpage at http://conference.libreoffice.org/streams.

LibreOffice 3.6.2 is available for immediate download from the following
link: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. Extensions for LibreOffice
are available from the following link:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center. When downloading the
software, you might consider about donating some money to The Document
Foundation for the development of LibreOffice and the growth of the
community, by accessing our donation page at http://donate.libreoffice.org.

About The Document Foundation (TDF)

The Document Foundation is an open, independent, self-governing,
meritocratic organization, which builds on ten years of dedicated work
by the OpenOffice.org Community. TDF was created in the belief that the
culture born of an independent foundation brings out the best in
corporate and volunteer contributors, and will deliver the best free
office suite. TDF is open to any individual who agrees with its core
values and contributes to its activities, and warmly welcomes corporate
participation, e.g. by sponsoring individuals to work as equals
alongside other contributors in the community. As of September 30, 2012,
TDF has over 150 members and over 3.000 volunteers and contributors
worldwide.

--
Italo Vignoli - Director
phone +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli