[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] LibreOffice Community invites to Munich Hackfest
- Subject: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice Community invites to Munich Hackfest
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:33:16 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
LibreOffice Community invites to Munich Hackfest
City of Munich LiMux project hosts Hackfest late November
Fostering the developer community of the free office suite
The LibreOffice Community today announces the next Hackfest, taking place in Munich, Germany from November 23rd to 25th. With developers of the leading free office suite working on improving the code, the Hackfest promises to be a major event for everyone interested in developing free software.
"With LibreOffice being a virtual project with hackers engaging from around the globe over the Internet, meeting everyone face-to-face at the Hackfest is a highlight of the year. Working on the code, meeting friends and colleagues, having a fantastic time together, plus getting in touch with other free software projects - it's going to be a very fun and productive weekend!", says Eilidh McAdam, one of the active LibreOffice developers, who joined the community in 2011.
The Document Foundation recently has announced the 500th code contributor, with volunteers and corporate sponsored developers being well balanced. The Hackfest is open for everyone, from interested newbies to experienced developers. Participation is free of charge, couchsurfing can be organized.
The community would like to thank the city of Munich for their invitation, and for hosting the Hackfest!
All details are available at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Munich2012. The organizers ask for registration, to help planning.
The Document Foundation, the charitable entity behind LibreOffice, also started a fundraising campaign to define their budget for the next year. You can support us by donating at http://donate.libreoffice.org
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation celebrates its second anniversary
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.6.2
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation celebrates its second anniversary
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.6.2