[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] LibreOffice Conference supported by the German Federal Ministries of the Interior and of Economics and Technology
- Subject: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice Conference supported by the German Federal Ministries of the Interior and of Economics and Technology
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:56:07 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Three days in Berlin focused on LibreOffice, open standards and interoperability
Call for papers is open until 15th August
Berlin, 21st June 2012. Today the LibreOffice project announces details of the LibreOffice Conference, taking place in Berlin from 17th-19th October. "Open standards, interoperability and free software are becoming more and more important in the political and public discourse, and will play a central role in this year's conference program," says Jacqueline Rahemipour, from the organizing association Freies Office Deutschland e.V. and member of the organizing committee.
In addition, the project announced that the Call for Papers is immediately open until 15th August. Users and developers are invited to submit papers fitting one of the topics listed below. The submissions will then be reviewed by a committee, and the final program will be made available in early September. Topics for this year are:
- Open Document Format (ODF) Plugfest
- LibreOffice - Development and future: Technology, API, Extensions
- Community-Track: Localization, Documentation, etc.
- Best Practice und Migration: Certification and Support
"The decision to hold this years conference in Berlin was made by an overwhelming majority of the community. Following the founding of The Document Foundation in February, we are proud to also have the LibreOffice Conference come to Berlin. This is a major event, not only for those involved in the project, but also for the everyone interested in the use of free office software and open standards", explains Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board at The Document Foundation.
Further details regarding the Call for Papers can be found on the Conference website.
LibreOffice Conference: http://conference.libreoffice.org
Freies Office Deutschland e.V.: http://www.frodev.org
The Document Foundation: http://www.documentfoundation.org
The Document Foundation
Phone: +49 8341 99660880
Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Freies Office Deutschland e.V.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.5.4
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] Community Meetings at LibOCon
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.5.4
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] Community Meetings at LibOCon