[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"
- Subject: Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"
- From: James Wilde <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:50:48 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Mar 12, 2012, at 10:45 , Florian Effenberger wrote:
> James Wilde wrote on 2012-03-12 10:09:
>> Personally I don't remember any such messages which weren't spam, mostly with a russian address, and I can't see that a serious message to a mailing list will have fancy formatting in these two fields. If you think I'm being dangerously harsh let me know.
> I'd be cautious with that. I know that e.g. Google Mail can be set with one click to use UTF-8, and there are other mailers natively using UTF-8, so valid messages might indeed bear that charset. :)
I agree. My mailer does, but the code for UTF-8 in the From and Subject fields appears to be some kind of html code. Otherwise the UTF-8 coding appears somewhere in the header, I believe. And I've never seen the string I quoted anywhere other than in these two fields.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/moderators/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"||Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"||James Wilde <email@example.com>|
|Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"
- Previous by thread: Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-moderators] Filtering "UTF-8"