[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-moderators] LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October
- Subject: [tdf-moderators] LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:27:07 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October
First annual project meeting from October 12th to 15th
The Document Foundation today announced the first annual LibreOffice Conference, which will be held in Paris from October 12th to 15th. Carrying on the tradition of previous OOoCon conferences, the LibreOffice Conference will be the event for those interested in the development of free office productivity software, open standards, and the OpenDocument format generally.
"We're proud of what we have achieved so far with LibreOffice and The Document Foundation. We are seeing a rapidly-growing ecosystem built on free software, and the LibreOffice Conference will be an exciting opportunity to meet our Community members, developers and hackers," says Charles Schulz, Steering Committee member of The Document Foundation and one of the organizers of this year's conference. "Paris has long been a strong supporter of free software and, following a fantastic release party in 2008, plans for another event in Paris were already being made during the last OOoCon. So, we're happy to announce our first conference taking place in the heart of France."
The LibreOffice Conference will host several tracks on various aspects of LibreOffice, including adoption, migration, development and interoperability. More information about the venue and a call for papers will be available soon.
The location for the LibreOffice Conference in 2012 will be decided by the Community in an open Call for Locations process, details about which will be announced soon.
The website for the LibreOffice Conference is at http://conference.libreoffice.org
Information on LibreOffice can be found at http://www.libreoffice.org
The home of The Document Foundation is at http://www.documentfoundation.org
About The Document Foundation
The Document Foundation has the mission of facilitating the evolution of the LibreOffice Community into a new, open, independent, and meritocratic organization over the next few months. An independent foundation is a better reflection of the values of our contributors, users and supporters, and will enable a more effective, efficient and transparent community. TDF will protect past investments by building on the achievements of the first decade, will encourage wide participation within the community, and will co-ordinate activity across the community.
Florian Effenberger (Germany)
Landline phone: +49 8341 99660880
Cellphone: +49 151 14424108
Olivier Hallot (Brazil)
Cellphone: +55 21 88228812
Charles H. Schulz (France)
Cellphone: +33 6 98655424
Italo Vignoli (Italy)
Cellphone: +39 348 5653829
E-mail to email@example.com for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/moderators/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-moderators] LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October||James Wilde <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-moderators] Thousands of donors contribute €50,000 in just eight days to The Document Foundation
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-moderators] LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October
- Previous by thread: [tdf-moderators] Thousands of donors contribute €50,000 in just eight days to The Document Foundation
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-moderators] LibreOffice Conference to be held in Paris this October