Just an idea, but you could try a download manager. There are many of
them, freeware, open source, and proprietary, for all platforms.
Basically the functionality that you need is the ability to download
part of a file, pause (terminate the connection), then resume where
you left off. I think that a standard HTTP mirror should support this.

It won't resolve your connectivity issue, but it will allow you to get
a complete download. But once you are finished downloading, please
check the hash to ensure that you have the complete download;
sometimes if the download manager is not coded properly, you can get
an incomplete download.

HTH,

Sean

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Jonathan Aquilina