On 2016-07-06 07:34 Joel Madero <jmadero.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
Pretty straight forward. Microsoft only supports ODF1.1 through
Office2010, I believe with 2013 ODF1.2 is supported but I'm not
positive. Even at that, their support isn't perfect (just like our
support of OOXML isn't perfect). They put their energy into supporting
their own standard.

I think they put their energy in discredit open standards.

OOXML

This is not the topic here. It is a special own topic. Official it is a
open standard (with over 6000 pages and some patents behind it!) but in
practice it is just another war-front of MS to work agains open
standards.
If you want to discuss that please open a new thread. btw: I don't
want. ;)

As I described I observed that Word doesn't fit to that standard.
But Word lie to the user and offer to open and save OpenDocument
files.
I suggest reporting bugs to Microsoft when issues come up.

MS earn money with MS Word. I want invest my time for free to report
bugs. If they pay me enough I would do. Or if they would free the code
I would do free bug reports.

The question is why is Microsoft allowed to use "OpenDocument" that
way?
Open standard we want everyone using it, even if not perfectly.

I need to repeat my question here. Why does the OD-Foundation allow
that?

"not perfectly" is against open standards and just help MS with their
non-free formats. It is a simple methode to implement standards only in
a half to show the users that this is "shit".

Isn't there a juristic way to restrict that?
No and even if there was, we wouldn't want that. Then it becomes two
proprietary standards.

Is this the official statement of the OD-foundation or only yours?

You know the GPL? This is a 100%-thing, too. You have to do it 100% or
your are not allowed.