Hi all,

Pardon my intrusion into your fight. For the record I have never seen a Mac. Also, English (US) is
my native language.

That said, it makes no sense to me for execution of any program one time before adding a language
pack to it should make it any safer after adding the language pack than waiting to execute it for
the first time until after an appropriate language pack has been added.

What am I missing in this discussion? I know that I would flee in horror from any program that
natively had a Greek UI if that program had to be executed once that way before I could install an
available English language pack. Is this not analogous to the topic under discussion?

As for Larry's protestation that the download did not go wrong, I don't know how anybody can be
absolutely certain of that. Error checking is very sophisticated now but there is also a very slim
chance that offsetting corruptions could occur. I would at least try a second download before
eliminating "bad download" as a possible cause of trouble. <paranoia> Even one chance in 10^100 of
an error creeping in is still not zero. It's excellent for most purposes -- just not _absolutely_
perfect. </paranoia> ;-)

--
Jim