Hi Thorsten,

Am 16.12.2014 um 10:37 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

I think we all agree that every LibreOffice user is valued, and we
very much appreciate them using our software -- at the end of the day,
we're producing software _for_ our end users.

[...]

[...] The individual user though -- on average --
contributes just tiny amounts. So the big picture looks pretty much
like Charles' tongue-in-cheek 'almost zero'.

So basically you say the same here as Charles says, even if you seem to try
to choose more diplomatic words ;-)

But I accept that our views differ significantly, and as far as I
can see, there's no room for convergence left. So we can stop our
discussion at this point.

I'm sorry you got this impression. I hope I could clarify a bit.

My impression is exactly the same, so what you clarified is that
depreciation of users is not Charles' personal mindset but a general
thinking in TDF/LibreOffice community.

And that is what I disagree with.

In my eyes, users - yes, simple users - make a significant contribution when
they just choose to use LibreOffice. So I am thankful to each single
LibreOffice user, while I hear "almost zero" / "just tiny amounts" from your
side. This makes me sad. As user, I feel not appreciated. I did not know
that this is really your position. Therefore I proposed the representative
role. But now I withdraw this proposal as it does not fit to your
above-expressed attitude (which is not mine) towards (your?) users.

I - for mine - do not believe that my view degrades the contributions of
single individuals or payed fulltimers, au contraire: meritocracy in my eyes
behaves like democracy here, it rates itself on its attitude to its weakest
members ;-)

Have a nice christmas.

Nino