Hi All,

I have found that asking for a document is the best way to get closest
to what the user is experiencing and what they are writing the bug for.
If they report the bug on windows, i load up windows to confirm it and
then also check if its on linux as well. Sometimes the steps to
reproduce are easy enough to follow, but not every one of us are experts
in the bugs we triage, so having an example file to begin the process of
triaging saves quite alot of time. Users i've been dealing with have
been quite happy to provide an example file, while a very few have asked
that the file be kept confidential. Here is an example bug with steps to
reproduce i triaged today [81292].

--------------------

Problem description:
I have a table first column alpha-numeric,crashes when sorting is ask.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load table,
2. select table
3. sort

Current behavior: crash

Expected behavior: alpha-numeric sorting

--------------------

From this example, should i waste time that i could be spending triaging
other bugs to create a table full of values in order to sort the table.
It could be possible that some small feature within the table he is
sorting is causing the crash, that i could never reproduce because i
dont have his file. In the user's most recent comment, he states that if
he deletes the text from the last column, it wont crash. No way i could
reproduce such a thing if i created an example file myself.

I just submitted a bug today [81351] that crashes calc from as early as
3.6, simply by undo-ing a sort. It is possible that this may not have
happened with another file, so i submitted the one i was working on, in
order to speed up triaging and hopefully fixing. We have ~1k bugs to
still triage and the quicker we are able to triage a bug, the faster we
can confirm/close it and move on to the next one.

Just my two cents. ;)

Regards,
Jay Philips