On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 13:55 -0800, edo1 wrote:
LO 4.2.0 is showing a memory problem that's making it unusable. When I open a
file in it, the RAM usage starts to climb until LO locks up. I get "Fatal
Error osl:Thread:create failed."

I am sorry that you are having problems.  I presume that it is some
particular file that you are unable to open rather that all files.
Right?

We can best help you if you file a bug report.  The bug submission
assistant is at <https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/>.  The need
for you to create an account is a nuisance, but we *do* need to be
able to contact you.  Feel free to add me, lo_bugs@iseries-guru.com,
as a CC in the bug report.

It will help a lot if you attach the problematic file to the bug
report.  If necessary, you can disguise the contents by changing all
letters to x's, or some such thing.

After LO has pushed the RAM use to  3.9GB  & frozen I must close it
completely, i.e., kill the processes swriter.exe *32, soffice.bin * 32.
&soffice.exe *32

Ah, that sounds like Windows.  Be sure to tell us the version of
Windows.

Things that haven't helped:
      increasing paging size
      repairing LO & helpfile in Control Panel
      running in a clean boot

I don't recall this problem occurring in LO 4.1, the previous version I was
running. My box is a Dell 530s, Intel E2500 CPU at 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM.

I sure hope someone can help me get beyond this problem; I'm not getting any
work done. - edo1

You may find it helpful to update your LibreOffice.  Within 4.2,
version 4.2.1 is current, and 4.2.2 is available as a pre-release.
Within 4.1, version 4.1.5 is offered; it should be pretty stable.

Terry.