On 05/15/2013 02:03 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster <
webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

Spending money, via donations, geared to one feature and not the whole
package can be a VERY bad marketing issue.

I never liked it.  If you donate money to one feature and it does not get
added, or fixed, in "your time line" and not the developer's, it can be a
mess.

We do not know what can be fixed easily, or if something that looks simple
will be a real hard add or fix.  The simple things tend to be not so simple.

We cannot even make a paper trail to show an agency [required by] that the
donation towards a "feature" would even go to it.  That would make a big
legal mess.

Paying a third party to "fix" things has been used by spammers for a long
time.

+1 to all that, but I think offering a payment and letting a developer opt
in or out is fine. As long as user and developer understand LibreOffice has
no part in the process.

Best,
Joel

Any payments and/or donations must be accounted for and if the person paying has any intent it to go to xyz, then by regulations we may need to account for that payment/donation and where it went to.

That is the real problem with targeted donations and payments. There will be a mess in paperwork to deal with it. Opt in, opt out, What it was used for. Keeping track of all of who pays what, for what, can cost more than thepayment in paperwork and legal fees.