Hi:

I'm using 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 and recently updated LibreOffice to 4.0.2.2, and I hope I've been
sending these reports to the right place.

Today I attempted to delete a table, which I have always done by placing the cursor in the table,
then using the menu sequence "Table | Delete | Table" but when I tried to do that with 4.0.2.2, and
chose the "Table | Delete" menu option, everything was greyed out and I couldn't do it. I ended up
selecting the table as well as the paragraph markers above and below it to delete it.

I'm assuming that Writer knew the cursor was in the table because the Table Tool bar appeared as
usual when I entered the table.

I used the Ubuntu software center to install this version (and yes - I removed the earlier version
I was using first), so I assume I'm not using a pre-release candidate or anything, but I seem to be
encountering more "anomalies" than usual with Writer (I've sent three possible bugs to this address
in the past few days and believe I've only sent in one or two in the past couple years). Is there
any sort of "sanity check" I should be running to insure the stuff I have is ok?

Also, by the way, I've noticed that Writer tends to bog down and stop for a while in large
documents (such as the book I'm currently working on which is about 350 pages or so), which it
didn't do in earlier versions. Is there some sort of memory management configuration that's changed
that I should know about?

Thanks, by the way, for a great program - I've used countless word processors - both early stand
alone machines as well as personal software - since the late 70s, and Writer is as well thought out
as anything I've encountered (just don't be like Microsoft and completely change the interface
every couple years or so while leaving the long-standing bugs in place.)

If you have questions about this report or my recent ones, or need examples, feel free to contact
me.