Hi Charles, *,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Charles Jenkins <cejwork@gmail.com> wrote:

You're right. My attempt to fool with options didn't work at first because I misidentified the
file's character set, so I thought the "csv" in the filter name was significant and embarked on
the quest to convert to CSV.

Ah, OK :-) - teh csv filter is used synonymous for all character
separated values, not specific to a comma, although that is the most
used ones. One could argue whether tsv deserves a special mention or
not, but you don't add hsv (hyphen separated) or all other kinds of
other fileextensions....

Now that I have the right character set, everything works perfectly!!!

I have put up a post on SAP's community network site to let others know it's possible to export
from Business One to LibreOffice; hopefully it will help the switchers out there. I start my post
off by publicly thanking you and Eduardo.

Great to hear that it works, and of course thanks for sharing your
findings with others!

If you'd like to see the post, it's at: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3325286

Allow me some nitpicking :-)

Public Sub StarOpenTsvFile(tsvPath As String)
    Dim starDesktop As Object
    Dim url As String
    Dim doc As Object
    Dim parms(1) As New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
    parms(0).Name = "FilterName"
    parms(0).Value = "Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)" ' Name is incorrect, but required

The name is of course correct, as that is what the filter is called.
It is for text based ("Text") Spreadsheets ("StarCalc"), most commonly
with txt and csv extensions. It is not limited to comma separated
files. I prefer to read csv as character separated, as that matches it
much better, as multiple delimers, or also no delimter at all (when
using fixed-width columns) can be used.
It doesn't explicitly list tsv or other possible filename extensions though.

    parms(1).Name = "FilterOptions"
    parms(1).Value = "9,,65535,1" ' Tab seps, no string delim, UTF-16 charset, begin at line 1

having a pointer to documentation for these kind of "magic strings" is
always nice to have :-)

Otherwise: Thanks again for sharing the solution - too often one does
just read "Solved my problem, bye" and doesn't get to know what the
actual solution was, so thumbs up :-)

ciao
Christian