There are two base figures: (1) the average number of AOO full-install
downloads per day and (2) an estimated average price for a permanent
Microsoft Office desktop license.  Rob used $150 US which is the price for
Office 2013 Home and Student.  That includes service packs, etc., but not
upgrades to later versions of Microsoft Office.

No, I have just bought a license of Office 2013 Home and Student for 79
Euro (I can send you a scan of the invoice). The regular price is lower
by 30% (at least).

In addition, people who were already using OOo (most of AOO user base)
did not switch at all from MS Office, and therefore did not save any money.

All migrations from MS Office during the last 12 months are to
LibreOffice, and this is something that AOO people know very well.
Instead of spreading false information (in a press release, which is
even worse), AOO should provide numbers about the migrations from MS
Office to AOO, if available.

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it