On 02/18/2013 01:04 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Hi Tim,

Le 2013-02-14 15:11, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :

> Since LO 4.0.x uses the Persona design specifications that were defined
> by Firefox's Persona extension/theme system, and currently users of LO
> 4.0.x goes to Firefox's gallery to choose Persona designs, I was
> wondering if LO should not have its own design gallery page?
>
> We have users creating LO themed Persona designs. They submit them to
> the FF gallery posting system. Why not have a gallery of Persona designs
> that were specifically designed as themes for LibreOffice? We have a
> Extension Center and a Template Center. These are for "displaying" the
> extensions and templates users have developed and submitted to LO to
> allow other users to have access to them. Why not have a place like that
> where users can submit Persona design themes that were created
> specifically for LibreOffice? Firefox Gallery was designed for Persona
> and theme designs that were created to their package. We use that
> Persona specification, but LibreOffice header menu is different from
> what is displayed for Firefox's header menu. What might look good for
> Firefox might not look good for LibreOffice, and vice-a-versa.
>
> So, would it be a good idea to have a design gallery of Persona designs
> specifically created to look well with LibreOffice's header/footer menu
> design?
>
> Could we make it like the submission process for adding a extension to
> its center? Of course there will have to be some overseer for that
> submission process.
>
> What I would do is develop the design and test it out on LO. Then take a
> screen shot of the design and what it looks like with with the menu
> options displayed with the design "in the background". Take that
> screen-shot for both the header and footer designs and make them one
> full window width image. Submit that image file [separate file] with the
> Persona design file[s] in an archive format of [say] .zip. There could
> be a "smaller" image submitted that would be displayed on the "gallery"
> showing what the design looks like with LibreOffice.
>
> It would be nice to have a gallery of designs specifically created for
> LibreOffice and not having to see if a Persona designed for Firefox
> works well with LibreOffice.
>
> What do you think?
> Yes? No?

Would this work on the extensions website? Maybe Andrea Mantke could add his comments?

Perhaps as part of the process, you could write up a "how-to create a persona "theme" specifically for LibreOffice" on our wiki pages? This would really help. You could write it up on the marketing wiki section and we could link to it on the marketing section. We could also temporarily host the new LibreOffice personas on the wiki temporarily until a solution for a repository could be found. I don't think we are talking about thousands of specific LibreOffice personas, but this could be a temporary fix?

IMO, most users would expect to see these on the extensions site and it would be a great draw (attraction) to get people into the extensions site.

As you and I have found, the LibreOffice personas are a little different than those of FF, in that LibreOffice allows more space on the right hand side of the persona. The menu bars are also much more busier than FF. So this is both a bonus for writing in the "LibreOffice" label on the right-hand side but a little harder to deal with the busy menus.

How does this sound to you?

Cheers,

Marc

I just found out that LibreOffice does not use the font color that the FF Persona designs call for. So if the menu color is white in Firefox, LO will still use the black menu color. That really messes up people who want a dark color background that works well with FF.

I will think about the wiki page information.

I just wish there was a method of editing the theme using LO instead of using FF. Also, there is not "previously used theme/persona" list like there is for FF.