On 02/10/2013 08:14 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
2013/2/10 Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <andrew@pitonyak.org>

I have not been able to install the final release, but I have a copy of
RC2 installed. I have not yet had significant experience with it, but:

First the bad:
I only found one problem (new bug introduced into the macro language that
prevents a struct from being assigned to a property in another struct), but
Noel Power fixed that for release to 4.0.1 Sadly, the fix did not make it
into 4.0.0. I found a work around, but I hate to change my existing macros
for a bug that will be fixed soon. When will 4.0.1 be released?

Now the good:
My entire impression on the good is based on the fact that it just seems
to render better. I don't want to go back just because it looks better.
Unsure what was done with respect to fonts and rendering for this to be the
case; maybe it is all in my head.

Sadly, I have been significantly busier than usual, so I cannot comment on
many other aspects of the release.

The team has done a very good job.

--
Andrew Pitonyak

Andrew, the version available for download from the LibreOffice site as of
yesterday, when I did so, was 4.0.0.3, so I presume that the bug you
mentioned has been corrected. Perhaps you would care to check ?...

Henri

The fix was added after RC3 was released, so I simply assumed that it was not in. I exchanged email with Noel Power, that fixed the bug.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php