Our customers are just normal non-technical end-users which are used to work with MS Word for
creating documents.
We provide them with a solution where they an continue to work with something like they already
know, LibreOffice replacing MS Word, and extend it with all kind of automation possibilities.
Any other offering wouldn't be accepted by our customers, because it would mean a major training is
needed for hundreds to thousands of employees, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how much money
that would cost, right?
You just have to learn to live with the fact that not every person on this planet has sufficient
technical background to start working with applications like Lyx, how powerful such applications
even might be.
Conditions, loops and variables are just point and click stuff in LetterSketch, so that most
non-technical people can build such templates.

And believe it or not, we are just one of a couple of hundred(thousands?) companies worldwide doing
this, with competitors like HP, IBM and DOC1 being market leaders, and such products are being used
by any (really *any*) major bank, insurance company, or whatever company in the world for customer
or internal communication... that's just a fact

We, and our customers, use XML for transferring data. The data in the XML however can come from
databases, Salesforce.com, Excel files, web forms, Navision, and then some.
Some of them might have a DB behind them, but most of the the large banks or insurance companies
won't give external parties direct access to their DB's...you must surely know that.
Using Sax XML processing, complex documents can be generated in milliseconds, making it possible to
generate millions of documents in 24 hours. Not too bad I would say.

The 113 pages is just the template from which the generations will start. This can result in a 5
page document or even in a 10.000 page document, depending on the data and business rules.

Regards,
Giorgio