I agree.
It might even be quicker to download from a website.
Users wouldn't first of all have to have an account to download the software.
And once it's installed it's ready to go to open most file formats including the best maintained
ODF support from LO.
One of the solutions, is by spreading the word to users from other users. If a company cannot
provide open source standards than users can. If there are more open source users there would be
less users using non open source software.
It is open to the user to actually use the software for there own needs and requirements.

Note: this will also be forwarded back to the discussion list.
LJ.